Monday, December 17, 2007

In our arms ONE YEAR!

It was exactly one year ago that we were in Guatemala and Jenna was given to us and for the first time, we knew we didnt have to give her back! It is hard to believe it has been a whole year on one hand but on the other it seems as if she has always been with us! Her new phrase is "I PRINCESS!!" and that is exactly what she is!! We spoke with Jenna's foster family today and of course, they are remembering giving her to us one year ago and they are missing her. We love them so much, they are the nicest people just so sweet and genuine, and humble. We will always tell Jenna about her first family!!

This is when I first got to hold her. Fortunately since I had been there one month before, she remembered me!! Of course UNfortunately, she did NOT remember Rod, her new daddy and was petrified of him for a month, and he did not like it one bit. You would never know it today, as she squeals in delight when he walks in the door and runs to him singing "dada" dada!!





Rod's Mom loved her first grand-daughter and thank heavens Jenna loved her too, so I could give her to Grandma Bea to get a break! Poor baby, looking back I feel sad for her having to leave the only house and people she had grown to think of as her family. She must have wondered what was going on. I am so thankful that she has adjusted so well!


This is her wonderful foster family. Carmen her sister and Miriam and Freddy her foster parents. The only one missing is her foster brother Walter. He was 14 and thought it would be just too emotional, so he stayed home. Of course we spent the rest of the days there with all of them, and had so much fun!! They are part of our family now, and will always be in each others lives!

3 comments:

Candy said...

HAPPY FOREVER FAMILY DAY JENNA MARIE WE LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS!!!

Girl I been meaning to call you ALL DAY...but I am on the HUNT for a baby girl and trying to get ready to go visit my son...and we are TOTAL DORKS me and you because we picked the SAME CHRIsTMAS CARDS

Katie said...

awwwww......so special !!!

OKeedokey said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! How time flies!